Saturday, December 26, 2009

Update

Well, my dear blog-friends, hope I could catch up fast with you by updating my virtual window since I did not write for a little while. Problems to face: this country have been facing a semi-drought season, and that included programmed blackouts that range from 4- 10 hours daily, leaving us without electricity, technology AND water. Yes the systems down here work together, for some reason I really started to miss first-world supplies, you know…. Could you imagine living without any type of electricity and water for an average of 8 hours daily? It is a real pain, believe me. It will drive anybody crazy. Well, some generators helped a little. Luckily the blackouts are programmed in such a way that it doesn’t interrupt with lunch and dinner time. I can’t imagine myself (pregnant and all) and with a toddler having to eat out every day. The blackouts comes usually in mid-morning and then again in the afternoon. It is my understanding that this drought problem is something several South American countries are facing now.

Coming back to positive thoughts, Daniel, my baby and I are celebrating as much as we can the holiday season. Malls, parking lots, crowding pressures, etc, is part of the enlightening, but we are enjoying it . Baby number two is doing just fine. Thanks God! We are pretty excited about this new partner to our family.

We recently moved. It was quite hard to manage having a toddler, being pregnant, and a husband that is gone most of the time, but we managed it well (at least I feel like we did, and that counts, right?). We are in a nicer place, near a park and the malls, and the airport. Now we constantly get to hear Francesca saying “look mommy an airplane” and she gets really excited. I guess it means that she remembers that’s the way to go back home. Also Francesca has stopped using the pacifier; man, that was a real battle, but finally we have closed that stage in her life. I was urged to separate these two great pals (Francesca and binky) because I was worried that moments of peace now could affect her teeth for the future. So yeah! One stage down.

Now we are battling the task of potty training, my goal was always to potty train her before baby number two. So now we are battling that humongous task which is hard on me, having to battle a two year old while pregnant. But we are getting there. So far we’re half way. She finally has accomplished to pee (or do “water” as she calls it) on the potty when she is awake. So no more diaper while she is awake [$$$ ;)]. But how to do it while she is sleeping or when we are out, I still don’t know. Any suggestions or past experiences are more than welcome because I am pretty much stuck right now.

Another good news, is that we came back to the states for the holidays!!! Yes!! We are having a good time in California. Hope to find some new stuff to mention to you as soon as I can from the place I am now (well, temporarily). Well, guys, that’s a wrap for now. I will be in touch.

1 comments:

Kelleen said...

I'm jealous that you're doing that good with potty training. I had the same goal of having it done before baby #2. Unfortunately, Addi absolutely refuses, so please pass along any advice you get.